Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Musical Musings

I was listening to songs I've cried to...and I started giggling...and then I started laughing...and then I started thinking...and wanted to start crying again...in order to restart the cycle again...

Align LeftI love music...definitely...it's mad powerful...you can speak to anyone with the flick of the maestro's wand...and magically change moods and moments...you can start a revolution, or end a war....

...or break your own heart again and again...

crying about how you thought he was supposed to 'cry for you cry for you, you thought he'd cry for you---die for you die for you...' until 'nothing even mattered at all' and you could hear his breath on your pillow from 'across the universe' because he was beauty, and he'd love you forever....

You travel back to when his 'brown skin was up against your brown skin' because you needed it every now and then...

...until he pissed you off and you went running to have 'mind sex' with someone else...until you got all 'caught up' in 'temptations' until you got burned and ended up needing to make confessions...

...and then you saw 'his new girlfriend the other day...'
....like Destiny's Child...
...........all because you thought you had a Soldier...low-cut ceasar with the deep waves and all...

and like a hot verse over a tight beat...you know it'll NEVER be delivered the same way again...though you record that moment on your heart and play it back? Like the Fugees, it'll never click clack back...

so....I'm listening again to the songs that made me cry...and wonder--seriously--why?!?

I can remember breathing deeply into my shirt when I took it off the night we had our first kiss(es)..and remembering your cologne...and your lips...and your eyes...and your fingertips...on my fingertips...and your arms...and your scars...and your eyes....that still haunt me at night...that always seemed to glisten as if storing all the tears you never cried...your eyes...that still haunt me at night...and give me hell.......................

No comments: