Tuesday, July 31, 2007

And it begins?
The resume has been created FOR FREE online using a sub-par cookie
cutter service and edited on Microsoft Word, saved to multiple flash
drives; read, reread, proofread, colored red, again and again.  The
interview suit has been steamed, in the bathroom during an INTENSE
shower, to be matched with either/or oxfords for days.  The perfect pair
of black leather wedge heels have been purchased from Nine West,
creating an uncomfortable dent in the savings account, in order to
appear just professional enough to fill any position, and adding enough
height to appear formidable, yet easy-going.  The next step is to turn
to the flat iron and a slight addition to the hair to temporarily tame
the naturally curly locks that adorn my head, appearing more like the
status quo until after I?m hired.

When I left Carolina following the Fall 2006 semester to just ?take a
break,? I don?t know what I was expecting.  I don?t think I pictured
hopping out of my $1500 monthly expendable income into my overloaded
Mercury Cougar and cruising down I-85 to face less than $100 left after
paying rent, T-Mobile, and GA Power.  I?ll stop exaggerating?less than
$50 left after paying rent, T-Mobile, and GA Power.  It?s a struggle to
do the ?Life in the Real World? thing, and I haven?t been doing
SOMETHING long enough or right enough to appreciate the life lesson.
This is HARD.

    Sadly enough?my biggest issues with being back home and a contributing
member of the workforce, is that I have yet to be on a great date.
Outside of chilling in my apartment with a few members of the opposite
species, I?ve been to Cold Stone...once.  Jokes on me?.

    I have not had so much as the standard Dinner and a Movie date,
although I?d really like lunch and Riverwalk date.  To catch you up,
Augusta, GA has a riverfront area that directly borders our piece of the
Savannah River which is usually romantically lit and directly parallels
gorgeous properties?it?s absolutely breath-taking on clear nights?the
slight breeze from the waves on the shore, star light tinkling across
its ripples, the fountains contributing to night?s symphony?.the
occasional palmetto bug [AKA HUGE COCKROACH] scuttling across your path?

    Ok?I may be SLIGHTLY bitter that I haven?t had that date yet??

    Anyway?back to the new job search.  I?m listed on Monster as a
receptionist, substitute teacher, retail clerk, everything but damn near
nuclear physicist?all because honestly?I hate my job.  I moved into an
apartment less than a mile away, it?s convenient, I?ve been there for
months already, but the bottom line is I hate my job.  I need a
challenge?I need light [non-fluorescent], I need?.enough money to keep
getting my weekly MANICURE/PEDICURE!!!

??..I?m SO not feeling the pressure?..

No comments: